Google Analytics

Thursday, June 6, 2013

T-minus 17 hours to Heroescon!

Because Heroescon is an “out-of-town” show (i.e., I don’t have friends/family living there, where I can ship things over early and crash in their guest room), I tend to get much more stressed out than other shows.  Plus, as a comic book nerd, being able to hob-nob with my favorite artists and writers ratchets up the anxiety and the need to be perfect.

Fortunately, I have a very understanding husband, and although the weather was just *perfection* this past weekend, he quietly left me alone, so I could work on prepping as much as I can for Heroescon.

Yes, I put the husband to work...it was very "Oliver Twist"
It’s been 4 days, and the thumbs on both hands are still so weak and sore that I can barely pick up my water glass, I have so many burns and blisters on my hands that they’ve looked like they’ve been tortured, and I had been hunched over so much, that I can’t walk without a limp.

I like to call this my Terra Cotta Warriors of Hair Accessories

Still…totally worth it.  Less than 24 hours before Paigey and I hit the road for Heroescon…


(and I totally plan on sewing bags – by hand – the entire drive down)

No comments:

Post a Comment